Seniors Recreation Council of WA Inc is pleased to announce Past State President Mr Hugh Arthur Rogers OAM was posthumously awarded the Order of Australia Medal in the 2022 Australia Day announcements, for his work in enabling better outcomes for Seniors in Western Australia.
Hugh as he was affectionately known by all was also a driving force in the community development sector of Western Australia. His energy and enthusiasm for the community saw him working in many roles throughout his life, which included the Balga Recreation Committee, P&C Associations (WACSSO), Balga Fair, Balga Theatre Company, Rotary, and Osborne Park Bowling Club to name a few. Hugh was a founding member of Seniors Recreation Council of WA Inc. and was an integral part in the development and production of the many successful programs and events run by SRCWA.
- Over the 29 years volunteering with SRCWA Hugh held many roles:
- President, 2001-2020.
- Treasurer, 1994-2001 and Bookkeeper 2020-2021.
- Chairman, Have A Go Day Committee, 2001-2020.
- Coordinator, Mixed Indoor Bowls Tournament, 1992.
- Member, 1992-2021
- WA Indoor Bias Bowls Association (now the West Australian Carpet Bowls Association)
- Co-Founder, Inaugural President, 1994-1996.
- The Osborne Park Bowling Club
- President, 1999-2001.
- Secretary, 1997-1999.
It is gratifying Hugh has been recognised for his contribution to the West Australian Community and a little bitter sweet he passed away before receiving his award. Our thoughts and thanks go out to Hugh’s family for his commitment and outstanding achievements.