Thursday 16th June 2022 was the day to learn about Online Learning at the Free Tech Savvy Seniors event run in partnership with Injury Matters at the Loftus Recreation Centre. The event opened by SRCWA Vice President Graham Bennett saw presentations from Injury Matters – Community Connect Program, SRCWA Tech Savvy Seniors – Online Learning program, and Stay on Your Feet – Falls Prevention eLearning program. The seniors in attendance really enjoyed the presentations and having the opportunity to discuss relevant matters with representatives at the static displays in attendance.
Static displays on hand included:
- Injury Matters / Stay on Your Feet – Community Connect Program and Falls Prevention.
- Innogreen Tech – Home security products
- WA Seniors Card – Information for Seniors
- COTA WA – Strength for Life and Elder Abuse information – Understanding the Mistreatment of Older People Guide
- SRCWA – Programs, events and services including information on clubs and groups activities
- LiveLighter – shopping guides, cook book & reference material.
Those who attended were treated to a delicious morning tea provided by Injury Matters and SRCWA.
At the conclusion of the event everyone gave very positive feedback and requested more events like this one.
Thank you to the team of SRCWA Volunteers and Staff and all those who helped to make this event the great success it was.